IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.1.6 (freeware for Macintosh OS X v10.7) This is an application that allows you to easily scan photos, documents, etc. Simple one-click scanning saves your time.
Download and Install the IJ Scan Utility on a Mac
Follow these steps to start the download process:
- Go to the Canon USA Support page.
- Model names differ by country. Only models for the U.S. will be listed.
- Enter your scanner model in the search box.
- Select your model when it appears in the drop-down list, then select Go.
- Under Drivers & Downloads, make sure your operating system is selected in the drop-down.
- From the Drivers tab, find the TWAIN driver or the ICA driver, depending on your model. Choose the Select button to the right of the driver listing.
- Note For some models, such as the PIXMA MX722 and MX922, the IJ Scan Utility is included with the TWAIN driver.
- Note Some models, such as the TR7520 and TS6120, use AirPrint for scanning and don’t have drivers for downloading.
- Select Download to save the file to your computer.
Important Note for Chrome Users
- If you are having difficulties downloading any files from our website when using the Chrome browser, please use another web browser (Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Install the IJ Scan Utility
- Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file. A disk image will be placed on the desktop. Open this file, then open the .pkg (package) file to begin the driver installation.
- Follow the prompts to complete installation.
- After installing the appropriate driver, go to the Software tab and find the IJ Scan Utility or IJ Scan Utility Lite, depending on your model. Choose the Select button to the right of the IJ Scan Utility listing.
- To run, go to the Applications folder from Finder. Open the Canon Utilities folder, then the IJ Scan Utility folder. Double-click on IJ Scan Utility, IJ Scan Utility2, or IJ Scan Utility Lite.
To use this software, the ICA scanner driver needs To be installed.
Download / Installation Procedures
- Download the file. For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
- Filename : misu-mac-2_1_6-ea21_3.dmg
File Version : 2.1.6b
File Size 21990KB